Version 1.10 has been deployed, here is the change log:
There haven't been big changes in this release for good reason...
This release have been focused on content. A volunteer has joined the project and his first task was to add a guide. A lot of my time has been dedicated in bringing him up to speed and ensuring that the development environment is shared (especially since the volunteer lives in another country!). It was also important to get him to do some work which could directly contribute to BSV and the area of lowest risk is adding static content. Guides are nonetheless deceivingly complex; the publishing technology has to be understood, the images with the correct license have to be collated, map data needs to be added, the guide knowledge has to be gained and finally all this has to be brought together and validated. In this case, the results are the new Sofia guide pages. It's all good work and the project now has a new fully trained member.
While the guides where getting their overhaul I thought I would add to them as well by integrating hotel search functionality. This was done with a 3rd party comparison engine which has white labelling technology. They give you access to some rich UI functionality which I checked and found wasn't very good so I rewrote it using compliant code and used that instead, another advantage is that we host it now so we minimise the chances of something going wrong without us noticing. There is an outstanding item for this work and that is automated testing to ensure that the 3rd party service continues to work. Sounds like a job for the new team member to me.