It took a long time but I have a couple of good excuses; new house, new job. Once I recovered form the initial shock of these life defining events, I got back to some coding and then after dealing with a number of smaller aftershocks, I released BSV 1.2. As always the release notes are here for reference:
Stats To August 2008
When I did the last release I noted that I needed more site usage, so I concentrated on getting some good incoming links and where appropriate putting a link in the useful resources section. It's still early days but it had an effect here are the stats:
It's probably worth noting that it is high season in Bulgaria so I will naturally get more visitors as they browse the internet for holidays. I hope that when that has died down I will end up in a better place than I was before the high season. That will be the real test of my emarketing strategies.
Users Are Up
The first is the raw server stats which are guaranteed to be the absolute truth although interpreting them is the real challange. The second is the number of registered users or database stats in the case of BSV. Both these last sources are also on the increase.
Of course with more users comes more support. On a recent occasion I had a user who forgot his password. Since there was no password retrieval facility I had to hack the database and manually manage the change until the user could log in again. Once was enough for me to fix the problem properly and you can see the entry in today's release notes there is an enhancements called forgot username and password functionality. That's it, sorry there is no houmerous anectdote but the point is that the site is growing according to it's needs. In my opinion organic growth should always play a major part in the developent of any project or business for that matter.